We wish we could be meeting authors and readers in-person at the AAS Annual Conference. We know that many of you look forward to stocking up on new titles at special discounts at our conferences, so we are pleased to offer a 40% discount on all in-stock books and journal issues with coupon code AAS21 until April 30, 2021. You can also find us in the official AAS Exhibit Hall.
Check out the latest Asian studies titles in our virtual catalog, below. And explore all of our books and journals in Asian studies at dukeupress.edu. We’re also pleased to welcome the open-access Sungkyun Journal of East Asian Studies to our publishing program later this spring.
Registered AAS attendees can join DUP authors for these panels:
- “New Directions in the Study of Comparative Secularity Across Asia,” featuring Mayfair Yang, Monday, March 22, 10:00-11:30am EST
- “Technologized Vision in Modern China,” featuring Margaret Hillenbrand, Monday, March 22, 12:30-2:00pm EST
- “Document, Monument, Event: Contemporary Art and Visual Culture in India, 1991-2021,” featuring Kajri Jain, Tuesday, March 23, 8:30-10:00am EST
- “Horrors of Capitalist Modernity: The Vampire, Zombie, Cannibal, and Plague,” featuring Erin Huang, Tuesday, March 23, 12:00-1:30pm EST
- “Framing East Asian Feminist Cinema,” featuring Lingzhen Wang, Thursday, March 25, 8:30-10:00am ESt
- “Re-Capturing Gestures from the Debris of the Past: De-Cold Warring Tactics in Visual Archives and Documentaries,” featuring Alexander Zahlten, Thursday, March 25, 12:00-1:30pm EST
- “Reconceptualizing Chinese Diaspora: Evolving Discourses and Practices of Migration and Governance, 1800-1940,” featuring Shelly Chan, Friday, March 26, 12:00-1:30pm EST
- “Breaking the Sound Barrier: Examining China’s Sonic Cultures Across the 1949 Divide,” featuring Jie Li, Friday, March 26, 12:00-1:30pm EST
If you were hoping to connect with one of our editors about your book project at AAS, please reach out to them by email. See our editors’ specialties and contact information here and our online submissions guidelines here.